CORK WALL TILES INSTALLATION GUIDE
To to properly install cork wall tiles, it is important for cork to acclimate. Therefore, cartons of cork Wall Tiles should be stored out of their packaging at the job site for a minimum of 12 - hours prior to installation. During storage and installation, maintain temperature and relative humidity to a level that is consistent to the conditions that will prevail when the building is occupied. Heating or air conditioning should be used for an appropriate length of time prior and during installation. With improper acclimation, tiles could expand or contract excessively after installation.
Cork is a natural product. Just like wood, cork tile will vary in shade or pattern definition. Cork is subject to the normal behavior of expansion during period s of high humidity and contraction during periods of low humidity (usually the heating season). With cork, visible signs of expansion and contraction can be kept to a minimum by stabilizing the building through temperature and humidity control, allowing fo r proper acclimatization of the product prior t o installation, and priming the substrate with a compatible color (black or brown).
1. Acclimate the cork tile to your home before installation. It should sit in the home for a few days before installation.
2. Examine the surface of the wall or ceiling where you plan to install cork tiles. They can go onto drywall, plywood, concrete or even particleboard. Never put cork tiles on top of wallpaper. Existing wallpaper must be removed. You will have to ensure that there is no left over residues on the wall. You may have to sand down the wall to remove all the old adhesive or paint. 3. You may wish to take the time to shuffle the tiles to get an even distribution of colours. Always pull tiles from at least.
3 different packages or cartons. Lay out the cork wall tile as it will be installed on the wall. Adjust the tiles until you are pleased with the layout. Draw lines on the wall with chalk to indicate where the tiles will be placed. Draw a line to mark every third row of tiles. The chalk lines will guide you during installation.
4. Apply adhesive with shorthair velour or medium napped roller on cork backing Apply adhesive around the perimete r and in the corners of the wall with a paintbrush. Pour the adhesive into a paint pan. Saturate a medium - nap roller with adhesive, and roll the glue onto the wall. Allow the glue to become tacky. Fol low the manufacturer's instructions for specific times. If you using Wakol D 3540, Wait until both adhesive films are dried and completely transparent.
5. Start at the center of the wall to mark a grid that helps you install cork tiles. Mark the center axis of the wall after measuring from side to side and top to bo ttom. Work outward from the center axis by measuring and marking set lines for several tiles in all directions. This gives you the lines you need to follow for the rest of the wall. 6. Press the tiles tightly together. Hit the tiles firmly with a rubber mallet to set into place. Continue setting rows of tiles until you have installed all of the whole tiles.
7. Mark along the back of the tiles where they need to be cut. Slice the tile with a sharp utility knife. Press the tile in place on the wall. Allow th e glue to set overnight.
8. Trim corner tiles to fit as needed. This is much like fitting in the pieces of a puzzle as you get to the sides of the walls. A carpet cutter or similar tool works well.
9. Clean the wall s to remove all small particles, clean and remove all traces of excess adhesive and other marks.
10. Pour water - based urethane into a paint pan. Roll the water - based urethane onto the tiles with a smooth foam roller. Roll in one direction, Apply 3 - 4 coats of quick dry water based polyurethane. This process seals the tiles and the tile joints against possible water and dirt penetration. Tip, you can put floor tiles on the wall, but you cannot put wall tiles on the floor.
Keywords, Keywords cork wall tiles, for walls self adhesive panels board decorative bathroom covering kitchen board for 3d ceramic bathroom mirror, kitchen floor colored board rolls for adhesive ceramic self adhesive designer shower ceramic leather metal bathroom, panels for porcelain adhesive vinyl kitchen patterns patterns kitchen carpet travertine bathroom for, cork wall tiles, kitchen rubber corkboard, natural vinyl mosaic options sheets stone board shower roll for bathroom shop, ceramic white bathroom linoleum paneling bathroom ideas textured board roll floors decorative underlayment slate, board ceiling mosaic bathroom designs board for linoleum mirror board sheets kitchen board ideas white, vinyl plastic board vinyl coverings decorative slate, cork wall tiles, decorative panels 3d panels kitchen ,ideas boards panels glass designs textured marble rolls glass mosaic bathroom ideas warehouse designs paper outlet decorative push pins laminate shower panels ceramic backsplash rolls of for floor tilé spanish color, board bathroom bathroom ideas self adhesive companies adhesive porcelain designs granite wallpaper sheet panel where, to buy board tiling outdoor bathroom ceramic ideas ideas adhesive we for for bathrooms on roll of , cork wall tiles, globus board self adhesive backsplash travertine sale discount capri for less types of kitchen options natural framed board kitchen ideas backsplash marmoleum kitchen, floors vinyl vinyl floors discount ceiling cheap parquet cheap city bulletin board, cork wall tiles, self adhesive how to
- Ordering Samples
- Order Online
- Order by Email
General Shipping FAQs
Cork Floor LLC.
1209 Central Ave S.
Kent, WA 98032 U.S.A.
Mon - Fri
9:00 am - 5:00 pm